Re: Extended contests

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:14:15 -0000

Tim Ellis wrote:
> Someone always gets carried away and can't wait to roll the dice;)

We tend to find people have described what they are doing, but forgotten to negotiate/quote a number. In that case we can usually agree the number from the description retroactively - though its a trust issue, agreeing the right number despite knowing the consequences. The default bid of 3 for me always represented - forgetting to 'describe what you are doing,' so you are doing nothing very much. This only usually occurs when the player is not that interested in the contest(which when I'm narrating is my bad) Its one reason why we settled on a seventh of your current AP for 'you described what you were doing but we forgot to agree AP.' The fraction seemed to represent a better 'average risk' taken. But this is definitely just a house rule.

Ian Cooper