Re: Magical senses Vs Illusions

From: giangero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:01:53 -0000

Bad choice of words by me. I mean: magical senses enhance physical senses and, usually, should be harder to be fooled. "Illusion" magic (the inverted commas are related to Greg's posting) should be primarily intended to fool physical un-enhanced senses.

The same way that a RW smuggler can conceal drugs in a false-bottom baggage (the illusion magic in this metaphor), to fool the policemen's sight and tact, but can't fool a dog (the magic sense in this metaphor) since the dog's superior smell is not obstacled. BUT, if the smuggler is aware of the dog, he can conceal the drug is a wheel of blue cheese (the specifically devised illusion magic) and try to cover its odour.

Gian