Lending AP in Extended Group Contests

From: Stephen Elves <Stephen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:59:20 +0100

I've (more accurately we've - me and my GM) may have misread the rules or perhaps it isn't covered.
If you are attempting to Lend AP to another during an extended contest and another is opposing you, what do you role against? Example:
Bob Moonshine the Lunar Combat Engineer is attempting to transfer some of his AP through using his Unfurl Banner feat, to Erik RedBuild the second Lunar Combat engineer that is attempting to run away (reducing the two people that are attacking him to 0AP), however Talros the Pavic bar brawler is attempting to wrestle the banner away from Bob. Now should Bob:
1. Roll against the amount of AP he is trying to transfer.
2. Use the amount he is trying to transfer as his "bid" against Talros.
3. Should he bid one if he is successful then he can attempt to transfer
that AP.
4. Other.
  1. Seems unlikely as he can't use his magic entirely unimpeded (he can't wave his arms as they are being pinned/holding onto the banner)
  2. Seems a bit harsh.
  3. Seems a bit wosey, if he loses he only lose 1 AP!

What we came up with is that he should use half the amount he intends to transfer as his bid.
Comments?

Stephen

---