Re: Lending AP in Extended Group Contests

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:35:49 -0000

> 1. Roll against the amount of AP he is trying to transfer.

Not quite, he rolls against 'Unfurl Banner', while the Narrator rolls the resistance equal to the AP he's trying to transfer. If he wins, the AP are transferred (as per the AP transfer table).

> 2. Use the amount he is trying to transfer as his "bid" against
Talros.

No, his action is transferring AP. Talros' action is to stop him. technically the two are separate actions.

> 1. Seems unlikely as he can't use his magic entirely unimpeded (he
can't
> wave his arms as they are being pinned/holding onto the banner)

Handwaving isn't needed - to use 'Unfurl Banner' you have to... well, unfurl a banner, I suppose... In this case, I would allow Talros to act first. The result of his 'attack' (which would be resisted by just about anything like Close Combat (Unarmed) or even Strong) would decide how many AP are available to transfer. If Talros wins, there will be fewer AP available, since Talros will have bid some AP in his attack.

Wulf