Re: Lending AP in Extended Group Contests

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 20:45:12 -0000

Apologies if this appears twice - Yahoo is playing silly buggers...

I was thinking exactly the same way. I suppose he could even "spend" some APs to go first if absolutely necessary!

>The result of his 'attack' (which would be resisted by
>just about anything like Close Combat (Unarmed) or even Strong) would
>decide how many AP are available to transfer.

Which is one of the really nice things about the system!

>If Talros wins, there
>will be fewer AP available, since Talros will have bid some AP in his
>attack.

And if Talros fumbles and transfers points to the banner-waver then he will have more points to lend as the way he brushes aside the opposition will lend heart to his colleague...

Even if the Banner Unfurling gets to happen earlier in the round, it is still likely to be affected by the attempt to stop it - The Lender only retains his points on a Major or Complete victory, and the GM could additionally give the character a penalty for defending (or force him to use a less advantageous skill, which amounts to the same thing...) as he will be unable to fight/dodge at his normal ability while unfurling the banner...