RE: Re: Followers, Hurts and Lvls of defeat - or victo ry!

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:15:57 -0800 (PST)

actually not, IMO.

> If the hero has +ve AP he is undefeated, any
> followers who have been removed
> from the fight by AP loss are one level worse off,
> ie marginal
> defeat/"dazed". Any followers not removed through
> AP loss are completely
> fine.

This is a fine interpretation of the given rules (given in the Y2K herowars rulesbook I mean), but I don't think it's canonical.

According to the rules, if the hero is positive at the end, you can't apply the "one level worse level of defeat" rule, because he is not defeated (the hypothesis of the rule is not true, so the rule is unapplicable).

You can apply it, of course, out of narrative logic or as a house-rule, but not out of the rules, IMO. If the enemy didn't bother to claim options like the trading-APs-for-wound or grevious wound rule, no negative effect is intended on the winner's party.

Especially since, in Mike's example, the hero achieves a complete victory.

Ciao,
Gian