Re: Re: Walking 0w2

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:51:02 +0000 (GMT)

> --- In hw-rules_at_yahoogroups.com, "Julian Lord"
> <jlord_at_f...> wrote:
> >> The mechanics of
> >> putting one foot in front of the other is pretty
> basic. :-)
> >
> > Not what I've found ... ;-)

> Try taking more water with it, Julian...

Last sword-flghting class I did, the instructor took us back to basics. Walking. We examined exactly what each muscle did when, how our balance shifted, what happened mid-step, when the weight goes from one foot to the other (and which bit of the foot), the lot. Then he challenged us to keep that lot in mind while walking across the room. Five minutes later, two people had fallen over and no-one had reached the far wall.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com