Re: Walking

From: Ian Leake <mail_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:00:16 -0000

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:14:08 -0800, Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...> wrote:

> Someone asked something like "What is the rating of an ability 'no
> self-respecting hero would fail at' " (e.g. walk).
>
> My answer: 0w2. (that's right, Zero with Two Masteries. Not Twenty with
> One Mastery)
>
> w2 - against the 14 of "the world" this gives 2 bumps - the hero will
> never fail or fumble.
> 0 - But he shouldn't be criticalling even as much as every 20 times he
> uses this ability.

Wouldn't 10w1 (or thereabouts) make more sense? After all, a critical at walking would merely mean walking exceptionally well (maybe this is important on the catwalk, but I doubt it is too important in the Tin Inn). More interesting to me are the circumstances when a hero may _fail_ to walk properly. With 10w1 they will occasionally trip when under pressure (I assume we would only make a test when there is dramatic logic), but never badly enough to injure themselves. After a heavy night on the tiles (-12 penalty) then they may well fall over and hurt themselves. Given the ease with which I did damage to myself when I was younger this does not seem unreasonable...

--
Ian Leake, www.ianleake.net