Re: Inherently Difficult Magic and Inherent Magic

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:27:13 -0000

> Does that mean that a basic Puma Person is rolling his 17 versus a
> difficulty of 14W to change into a Puma? That seems kind of harsh.

It doesn't seem harsh to me. For only 1 HP you've got a (very marginaly) better than 50% chance of successfuly transforming. If they're doing it during a worship ceremony, they'll get all sorts of bonuses too. I suppose it depends if you want all Puma People to have the ability to transform most of the time, or make it a bit more restricted so only a few can do it at will but the rest can on special holy days and such.

I would guess though, that the extra +20 difficulty doesn't apply in this case. Having the soul of a Puma must give some advantage.

Simon Hibbs