Re: opinions on how much affinities and feats are limited to each other?

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:49:38 +0000

> Personally I think that the
>> limited feat selection is an adequate limit in itself, especially
>if
>> my reading that Initiates can't improvise feats outside those
>listed
>> is correct (HQ p118).
>>

>It is a Combat affinity, not 3 combat feats. An affinity can have
>more than 3 feats, devotees (and maybe initiates) can improvise new
>feats, can cement them and make them real feats... so as long as he
>has the Affinity he could eventually add Blunt Praxian Spears as a
>feat, or even Sharpen Sword... only a matter of HPs.

Not quite. New feats have to be justified in mythic terms. If it's not something Rigsdal did, you can't get it as a feat from Rigsdal's Combat affinity. Even as a Devotee. (Granted this means "persuading the GM", and may be quite easy, but it is still a factor).

For initiates I believe (until authoritatively told otherwise) that the intent of "An Initiate can improvise any named feat in the affinity..." restricts them to improvising the common feats listed with the affinity.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.