Re: Starting Abilities + Augments

From: Rob <robert.davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:23:16 -0000

has the
> slightest claim on being a professional can have. Newbies. Good is
twice
> that. Really good is three times that high. Make sure the players
understand
> the scale. If a guy with 17 goes up against a seasoned veteran, let
him get
> his ass kicked. One of the nice things about HQ is that losing
doesn't
> threaten the character's life at all. So I regularly trounce my
PCs. In
> fact, I have this one coming up, where I just hope the PCs attack
him so
> that they can see their real place on the food chain....
>
> Starting characters aren't really very good at what they do. I tend
to think
> of them as 17 year olds. They're only so effective because they
have HP, and

I don't agree here. I think this is 'old skool'. I am telling my guys they are the guys in the clan that have real potential and talent. They are young and they have the skill levels of characters with many winters behind them. If a PC is up against a guard and the PC is Aug'd and stat'd up to 1w3, that guard is never going to be 15w2!

Regards
Rob