Re: Magic Ability Names and Limits

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:22:50 -0000

> You're buidling a straw man. I'd no more allow leap over tree to
leap over a
> wall than I would allow Run fast to substitute for run far. You're
taking my
> argument to some extreme that nobody would agree with. I'm not
saying that
> the abilities aren't differentiated. Just that how they're
differentiated
> shouldn't be determined by the GM just looking at some Oxford
English
> dictionary definition of a particular word to find the limits.

Talk about straw men! Please, point to the post where anyone suggested refering to a dictionary? If you're refering to my posts, I say perfectly explicitly that I advocate refering to the myths, and I'm on record many times over as to how I view myths, their meanings and interpretations. In fact I posted on this subject just a moment ago.

Dictionaries have never come into it.

Simon Hibbs