Re: Presents from a shaman

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:56:25 -0800

> > Yep. It may be family knowledge that if you sleep
> > under that particular
> > gorse bush you get [some magic], or it may be
> > something your hero discovered
> > for herself, but it is true protestantism -you don't
> > need an intercessor to work with it :-).
>
> Nor a Spirit Face ability, or anything? Useful...

Right. It's the one form of magic that has no requirements - no %-age of time to spend on it, no special Abilities or Relationships necessary, no priests or shamans or liturgists hanging around and telling you what you can and can't do (though they may tell you that you shouldn't have done it, afterwards...). The player can make up any wierd magical ability (Subject to Narrator veto, of course) unrelated to anything he may already know. "I learned to belch fire from eating Gramma's chili".

> > If you'd like to take this off-line, I'm available
> > :-).
>
> Isn't he wonderful :)
> (and will take it off-line if only to satisfy his
> curiosity - it's only fair!)

For you Jane, I'm always available ;-).

One day we'll have to sit down & have a nice cup of tea together, when I get back over the pond, or you come visit California.

RR
- Richelieu