Re: Presents from a shaman

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:37:53 +0000

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> writes:

>hmm, that still doesn't give the effect I want of
>having this ability at a low level most of the time,
>but having it really high as a once off... will keep
>thinking!

This reminds me of Hahlgrim's sword Ironbreaker, which most of the time was a good quality magical iron sword, but once in the owner's lifetime could unfailingly kill a single opponent chosen by its wielder. (The 'once in a lifetime' bit being guaranteed by the fact that the wielder would die at the same time as the victim).

In other words, could this ability be provided by a magic item rather than an innate talent?

Stephen