Re: Keyword v. best skill?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:29:32 -0000

> So "best in tribe" has their best ability base at 10W2, and keyword
> related to that ability in the low W2s.
>
> Does that sound about right?
>
> Clan champion, with resistances from 10W to 10W2, has real top
skill at
> 10 to 10W (can't be right, surely?) and a keyword up to 1W.
>
> That *doesn't* sound about right. That's the same level as the
PCs, or
> lower at the bottom end of the scale.
>
> I knew I was no good at numbers. Help?

I think it is right. PC's, even begining ones are supposed to be already on the way to being a mover and a shaker. Say a player creates a warrior guy. Sticks 10 points in sword and shield on character creation. He is going to be 7W before he even adds kit, and then i guess if somebody has put 10 points in sword lets say they have a raft of warrior type abilities running through their narrative. Maybe another +10 or so from personal augments and then say, +7 from kit. So, he enters combat with 4M2. Very good eh? But he cannot do a lot else, and in my game I would be providing oppotunities whereby he might *become* clan champion if he wanted. He would certainly get the current champion as some sort of rival (maybe patron?).

But I do enjoy your *stato* moments Jane. They really help remind me of parts of the rules that maybe I should pay more attention to!

Regards
Rob