RE: Re: Saga system

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:41:27 -0600

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
>It wasn't to meet the needs of the "scenarios", it was to meet the needs
>of "by the time you get to the Sartar Rising dates, you're at this sort
>of level." So they can join in on a roughly equal level, not as grunts.
>What on earth they'll do when they get there, I have no idea, but I know
>what amount of power/influence/skill I want them to have.

Probably another Heresy that won't fly, but - why not just move the date of the event to whenever the characters get to the point they need to be at? Then adjust all dates after that to match the disparity between published and your game. Should be easy to keep track of the one number.

This way you don't have to worry about getting them precisely enough points by precisely a certain time, you can allow the rate of development to be more natural.

Mike