Follower abilities and other questions

From: Mikko Korhonen <kora_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:33:48 -0000

Hi all,

I've been running HQ campaign for eight months now, and have few things that are not all that clear in the rules. I've searched this list, read the rules and FAQ from www.glorantha.com, but couldnīt find the answers.. Can anyone help?

  1. Sidekick abilities: Method from the HQ rules is good for beginning heroesī sidekicks, but is paying Heropoints really the only way for sidekick to increase their abilities? How about when characters are 2-mastery levels, do sidekicks still start with "Keyword 17, other 3 abilities at 13 (+15 to spread to these skills if i remember correctly)" ?
  2. HeroQuesting and carryover: I run my first HeroQuest in our last gaming session; i played every station as a extended contests, and the carryovers with the complete victory were really high... Basically, somewhere around +20 - +30 . Have i understood something wrong in the rules? Can the carryovers be used at whatever station Narrator seems approriate?

3 a) HeroQuest rewards: In final station, Main hero had Heroquest challenge with the Red Man; and Red Man bet his Darkness affinity (15W3); main hero bet his Movement Affinity (8W); Main hero won (with the carryover and supporters bonus) complete victory, Hero gains Darkness Affinity (8W). Am i correct?

3 b) The Quest above was about "Old Time Hero Iryunder" proving his leadership skills, and the station above was the final station... Main reward was bonus the Lead Warband -skill. With complete victory, what is the bonus the Main hero? I gave him +8 to his skill, plus the Darkness Affinity from the Heroquest challenge.

I'm sorry if the above questions have been covered many times allready, but couldnīt find the answers anywhere...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mikko Korhonen