Re: Religion and hero points

From: joshua neff <joshua_neff_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:47:13 -0800 (PST)

I would never take hero points from a player as a "tithe" for the hero's religion. I assume that when it says players have to spend a percentage of hero points on their religion, it means that as a guideline, the player should spend that percentage on things that have to do with the religion--abilities, relationships, virtue personality traits. But you don't actually have to lose that number *poof* to the religion. What would that represent? Hero points are purely a metagame currency, they don't represent anything in the game world.

Of course, I don't have the book with me right now, so maybe the rules technically contradict me. If they do, the rules are silly, and I would never run a game that way.

> Hi,
>
> Various degrees of religion requires you to spend
> various amounts
> of time and heropoints for your religion. I seem to
> remember it
> means you must invest the HP into things related to
> your religion
> (like sword for humakt, run for vinga, your
> affinities, knowledge
> of myths or virtues), but I can't find that again in
> the rulebook.
> Have I been mistaken before, and do these HP simply
> disappear,
> sacrificed on the altar of your worship ?
>
> Thanks,
> Moah, platypus powaaa!

--joshua m. neff

www.goblin-cartoons.com