Re: Re: Vinga Dar magic?

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:32:41 +1100

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:48:16 -0000, Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> No, it's been found that there is a slight glitch when anyone, not just
> Vingans, who is not an Orlanth Allfather initiate, joins the Dar
> subcult, and misses out on some vital Feats. It becomes particularly
> relevant and in need of a solution in this case, but whatever solution
> we come up with will also need to apply to any other case of joining a
> sub-cult in an aspect other than your main one.
>
> We nee Vinga Dar, Elmal Dar, the-other-aspects-of-Orlanth Dar, Issaries
> Dar....
>
> Options?
>
> 1) Allow the extra affinity as well, in direct contravention of an
> explicit Rule.
> 2) Allow the feats to be learnt "standalone", and "free" as part of the
> initiation package, in terms of HP spend.
> 3) For Dar (this doesn't have to apply to other subcults), move those
> extra feats to the main Lead Tribe affinity instead of having them in
> Allfather.
>
> Any others?

Move the "essential" feats to the Dar-granted Affinity, and then have specific "shiny" bonus feats for the appropriate god, like Anatyr's "Iluminate Speaker" and "Beacon"; my Heler Dar description included "Talk Through Weather" for example (for use when Thunderous worshippers try to drown you out at moots - possible alternative applications include communicating with followers at a distance via meterological phenomenon).

--
John Machin