Re: Question on a feat Deathsong Berserk

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:06:11 -0700

> We had a question come up about a feat in play this weekend. A humakti
> wanted to use the feat Deathsong Berserk out of his Death affinity,
> and the GM ruled that if he did this, the player would be bead at the
> end of the fight. I was under the impression that Deathsong Berserk
> put you in a berserker rage, but not that you were dead at the end of
> the fight regardless of what happened.
>
> Obviously the GM can make that decission, no question there. But is
> that the intent of how that feat is normally used.

There was no "intent" when I wrote it - "Deathsong Berserk" is just a cool name.

*I* wouldn't make the ruling your narrator did, because that means the player will only ever use the feat once in his entire career, which makes for less fun. A "use once" feat is more in the way of a Great Secret, which takes you all the way out of Glorantha.

RR
- Richelieu