Re: Sorcery 101: Scriptures, Formularies, Grimoires

From: Posselt, Theo &#92;(US - San Francisco&#92;) <"Posselt,>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:29:44 -0600

Paul -

Thanks for the help!

A few follow-up items.

> * Blessings and Curses can only be
> invoked by a Liturgist leading his
> congregation in a service of worship

Of course that begs the definition of 'liturgist' and 'his congregation'. I don't have the book in front of me know so this may be defined clearly. My basic question: is this essentially a relationship formed at the moment, or is it formally instated (perhaps through a ritual).

Ie, is 'liturgist' the same as "anyone who knows 'Use [Scripture]'"; is 'congregation' the same as "a group of people who have the same 'Worship' ability as the liturgist"? Or is do you actually have to have the ability 'Member of [Community]', with a given Community having a defined set of liturgists?

> It's worth noting that a blessing can
> be used any number of times while it
> remains in effect, but a worshipper
> can only use one blessing to augment
> one ability in any given contest, and
> the ability that is augmented must be
> appropriate to the Blessing.

Does this mean that if multiple blessing were applicable to a given contest, only one can be used in any way? Ie, if 'bless fighting' and 'bless courage' were both applicable to a Close Combat fight, could only one be used? Or could 'bless Fighting' be used to augment Combat and then 'bless courage' be used to augment Courage, which would then augment Close Combat? I'm guessing you mean the former (based on the whole discussion about 'Use [Grimoire]' that Jane is leading).

Theo

Theo Posselt
(m) 415-613-8903
(o) 415-783-6129

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]