Re: Re: Secrets

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:13:00 +0000 (GMT)

> All of which IMHO slightly misses the point which is
> not that the
> secrets are all good "value for HP" as such but
> whether they are fun.
> Some of the less useful ones have some fun
> applications either for PCs or NPCs.

I've always seen that as the point of them myself, I have to admit. It's the drama factor "wow - he can kill you with a glance! Keep out of his way!"

But then I started wondering how/if you'd get that effect without knowing the Secret. Well, you improvise a "kill with a glance" feat off that Death affinity you've got a double mastery in, don't you? I'm not sure if this technique applies to all Secrets, but I don't see why not.

Yahoo! Exclusive Xmas Game, help Santa with his celebrity party - http://santas-christmas-party.yahoo.net/