Re: The Stationary Lightbringers Quest

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:32:31 -0000

> in Glorantha, and
> on the Rules list, using psychology faces standard
> opposition ("make Jane slim" has a difficulty of 10W2
> or so), magical has a resistance of 14. Very clear,
> very neatly drawn. There is no middle case.

Well, actually there is (or could be). We know there is know miraculous method of losing weight so obviously it is difficult magic - lets assign it a penalty of 15W

so thats a contest of "Make Jane Slim" (Psychology 10w2, Weight Loss Magic 9W2) - very little difference - especially since, as we all know, Gloranthans don't know the numbers, so (except in the case of obviously widely different chances) can't easily compare which is the "best" method (which is another reason why there isn't one, universally agreed dietry regime that will work for everyone)