Re: Re: Starting a new website - Issaries fan policy NOT a problem

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:07:31 +0100 (BST)

Go for it!

>From what you were saying, this is a campaign site
mostly, right? You might want to consider doing it as a Wiki rather than a plain web-site, then all the players can contribute as well. Some Wiki hosts also let you protect your pages to a greater or lesser degree - if you can set things so that a few pages can only be read by registered users (the players and GM), then those ones can have any copyrighted maps, quotes etc on them for player reference, and the general public only get to see the stuff you've written yourselves.

This is what we've done for the Swords campaign, and to a lesser extent for some others, and it seems to be working well. Relevant keywords and maps available to all registered players but not the public, some pages available only to the GM (my evil plans about what I'm doing to them next!), most readable by all.

http://www.herewardslegion.info/wikka/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html