Re: Enhancement/augmentation

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:42:36 +0200

Alain Rameau:

> --- Dans hw-rules_at_e..., "COPPEAU, Jean-Christophe" <Jean-
> Christophe.COPPEAU_at_E...> a �crit
> > As a basic rule, I would give my players automatic success on
> an
> > augmentation which is same level or lower than their mastery, ie:
> > Strength at (x)w1 gives an automatic +1 augmentation if asked
> > Strength at (x)w2 gives an automatic +2 augmentation if asked
> > Strength at (x)w3 gives an automatic +3 augmentation if asked
>
> I like it, but it's like the former RQ Damage bonus ? So not
> really "HWesque" IMO.

        Why? It's only a way to cut the dice rolling IMO. I use a similar (albeit more generous) rule of thumb to speed up augmentations for NPCs. I give them an augmentation whose resistance is lesser than half the ability (originally less than the full ability, but then Wulf Corbett made me change my mind).

> > The Frenchy ( Am I the only one ??? ....) ;-)�
>
> Please stop monopolizing this term, as your are obviously not the
> only one (AFAIK, there is about 5 of us around here) :-)

        5 and a half, then, since I'm a french/italian half-breed. OTOH this leaves only half an italian on the lists. I though we were more, at least one... ;)

	Cheers,
	An almost frenchy Alex.