Re: Re: New guy with a few questions

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:24:16 -0800

> I do have one other question. If I make a character that is, say, a duck
> or
> troll, I get the species abilities as keywords. Am I right to understand

> that these cannot then be improved (being keywords, but of varying
> ratings)

No. You get the abilties in the species keyword as regular abilities, not as keywords. And as regular abilities, they can be raised normally. Unlike most keywords, the Species Keyword does not have an ability rating of it's own (You wouldn't see "Duck 18", for instance). Instead, the abilities within the keyword have their own starting ratings. (I suppose you could use a

"+x" notation to represent a more experienced member of the species - a
"Duck +2" would have 2 added to all its species keyword abilities per the
"Advanced Experience" guidelines on page 178).

> Also, would a non human have a homeland still, or is their species their
> "home" ?

They *should* have Homeland keywords, we just don't have any examples in published works yet. ("Human" is an unwritten species keyword).

RR