Re: Tricky situations List

From: Mandacaru <samclau_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:25:13 -0000

LC:
> I am so giving a sidekick that ability in the future.
> *grin*

Sidekicks are a very fertile ground for interesting abilities. Arkeef's character's sidekick's ability Gargantuan Liar, used to misinform master. Soren's sidekick's abilities: Creepy Smile, Has Hidden Agenda, Smells of Cinammon.

> Also, just in the simple fighting case, if your scholar has a
warrior bodyguard follower and there is a fight scene and the scholar is using the warrior's ability, it may make more sense sometimes for the scholar to go down and the warrior fight over the fallen body of her master than for the warrior to go down and the scholar fight on.

In truth, either permutation is interesting. I'd be inclined to give the player the choice. Or roll. Or take out the one which makes most sense.

In fact, what could help a lot in the new book is alternatives in different situations, as is already there with the chargen methods, and brief descriptions of the consequences. So, variants of the 17/17/17/13 thing for example.

Sam.

p.s. Poor Horse