Re: Tricky situations List

From: Mandacaru <samclau_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:43:57 -0000

> Perhaps it is the system of "wounds" which needs examining, in
> conjunction with the danger factor issue?

Replying to myself now :)

How about making extended contests one level more dangerous than simple contests in their outcomes? As Simon wrote on Molad (and I started a thread on a similar topic there), -4AP as a result of an extended contest can be a bit uninspiring. It might even be good to make them riskier (hey, you can include death as the next level!) so they are entered less lightly.

Another thing could be to formalise the size of the bid (the fraction) and have larger ones lead to wounds as you go. Or the equivalents of major victories during the contest to do so (I don't know Mark's Pyrrhic Victory rules, so I don't know if this sort of thing is in there).

Sam.