Re: Re: Tricky situations List

From: Paul Albertella <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:10:15 +0000

Mandacaru wrote:
> Perhaps it is the system of "wounds" which needs examining, in
> conjunction with the danger factor issue?

I must admit that I kind of liked the 'trading AP for penalties' rules in HW, which allowed you to inflict a wound or equivalent) on your opponent in lieu of AP loss during an extended contest. I think this was lost in the drive for simplicity, but I wonder whether it, or something like it, has the potential to spice things up. The numbers were a little arbitrary (7AP = a wound), but the principle seemed sound.

For the record, though, I'm with Mike: there are far more interesting stakes in a contest than character death, and far more interesting contests to engage in than a fight to the death. That's the beauty of HQ.