Re: Re: Making players afraid for their characters

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:37:01 +0000 (GMT)

That does seem to be the inevitable conclusion. There's a distinction between doing things that the character will not enjoy, and doing things that the player will not enjoy. Since this is a game, and the idea is to have fun, I try to avoid the latter (which probably means large quantities of the former). But if the player knows that anything I do to their character is intended to be something that they as players will enjoy, why should they fear it? It hadn't occurred to me that this was meant to be one of my goals as a GM.