Re: Re: Tricky situations List - wounds

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:17:51 +0000 (GMT)

I'm not sure this is a "tricky situation", more like a way of potentially enhancing existing rules, but...

> You are fighting, using something from your warrior
> keyword as your
> main ability, you get creamed. Anything from that
> keyword is at -75%

> Maybe not, and maybe my idea is a hill of c�*p, but
> perhaps there is
> something more interesting to do with the wounds...?

What I tend to do is simply to provide the window-dressing, and then write down the result as a new "ability". You did a simple contest (we do a lot of chained-simple), you got a result that says you're at -1? OK, what, would be fun? Keep it simple, "gashed leg 13". Or "intimidated by Gunthar the Mighty 13". A -3? You've been disarmed, your sword's at the far side of the room. Every time, it's something that can be corrected/healed, but you express it as an ability that has the same numerical result as the negative augment.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk