Re: Re: QW - How many augments (to Mr Laws)

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:43:40 -0400

Namaste:
In my campaign, I've sharply limited the amount of augments in the following ways:
* Rule of Three - For a simple contest, each hero can only use one primary
ability and two augmenting/supporting abilities.
* Other Heroes in the scene can assist, providing up to two augments each.

It's worked "okay" so far, but yes, there are a bunch of issues with it. I play fast and loose with it when using Ritual Magic, and things like Secrets can be used automatically. And yes, the issue with players spending a long time scouring their sheets (and the sheets of their companions) for every little augment slows game play down to a crawl.

Having a narrative way of handling it would be better. I'm thinking of taking out the old egg timer, and just limiting the time each player has to describe their actions, but I fear that would be unfair to those who play in a more lackadaisical style.

--
-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."