RE: Tracking Multiple Actions within Extended Contests

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:29:46 -0200

I think I may have confused myself there. It wasn't the size of the desperation bids but something else not relevant here. So, I should take that particular "insight" back. Low starting AP needing to be reversed yes.

Size of desperation bid - if I think about it, the character who starts off at a disadvantage and only has six AP - I'm not sure I can see a reason why they should be limited, either as modelling anything particular or having fun. It can feel like a bit of a problem when you are down to three AP too (in practice that never seems to be so limiting though).

Yes, maybe the ability you are using being the upper limit for the desperation bid - that makes some sense actually - mustering all you have for one last effort.

It might, though, devalue the preceeding part of the contest - it doesn't matter what happens, you've always got that big cartoon gun in your pocket. At least with the starting AP limit you know where you stand from the outset.

Not sure really, myself.

Sam.