Re: Tracking Multiple Actions within Extended Contests

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:36:49 +0000 (GMT)

Is there any mileage in limiting desperation bids to the ability being used? So that there is more room to manoeuvre for those contests where you started off on the back foot but have managed to swing things to your favour. eg the warrior who starts debate against the clan lawthane who starts at a huge disadvantage but somehow turns the thing into a fight - he should have more freedom to bid against his warrior skills as apposed to the initial limits of his debating skills.

Gavain

Limiting yourself to starting AP has a big dramatic advantage - someone enters a contest at a big disadvantage but manages to turn the tables - happens all the time and gives great value, IMO. I did it as a player myself recently. I tried allowing desperation bids to be bigger than the starting AP but it didn't work quite as well as having that limit.