Re: Tracking Multiple Actions within Extended Contests

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 20:37:47 -0000

> Fair enough. I guess I'm just a bit surprised that people are so
keen not to lose contests;

At least two characters in our games ended up Dying after simple contests for what seemed like "minor" events, until the characters ended up Dying. Those incidents and other less serious ones over the course of many months seemed to influence the group.

> and that they bothered to work
> those odds out

I'll take the blame for that -- It's just something I was interested in.

I think the basic HeroQuest contest mechanic is fun and elegant, but simple contests appear to be a sucker bet for anything that could have serious negative consequences for a character. And if there is no possibility of serious negative consequences, why bother with a contest at all?

Rob