Re: Ridiculous circular marathon arguments

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:21:39 -0000

But thats not the point is it? Anyway, when I frame contests we due it generally and then fine tune after the dice have flown. I'd call the above fine tuning. What I am assuming here is that the player has failed in the most spectacular way possible but has come up with a cool scene that maybe everyone at the table thinks is groovy. And if the result that is put forward does not derail my plot or any other gm guff going on in the background that the players are not aware of, then I am going to allow it every time.

I do not see the above as a major departure from the rules.

Regards
Rob