Re: Re: The merits of relative and absoluteresistances (HQ1 and HQ2)

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:44:34 -0400

Matthew Cole wrote:

>I'd better stay off the topic of munchkins. I'm bound to get kicked
off the list. :D

Probably. Especially since it mostly gets used as "players who play the way I don't like". :D

>Off-piste. The monsters are what happens to you if you play HQ as a
>non-narrative game. E.g sim

You seem married to the idea that GNS are completely exclusionary, something I'm not entirely convinced of. (Actually, I'm not sure Ron Edwards thinks they are entirely exclusionary, but then it has been a while since I've read any of the theory.)

>I can't post an explanation but I understand that you just can't mix
>creative agendas. It would be interesting to hear off-list how you
think it
>would work. Cheers

I think the idea is that you can't mix any of them in any proportion, and that you should be aware of what agenda you are working towards. As you say, probably a more theoretical conversation than is needed on list, and also one I'd have to go back and read up on if I were to make any kind of serious argument.

>I have a strong feeling that you will really like HQ2.
> Thinking back to your reactions to the things you have learned already.

As do I. I remain hopeful I will see a copy one day.