Re: Re: Is HQ2 Difficult?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 21:18:10 -0400

Kevin Blackburn wrote:

>Or some hero with significant movement magic, running after a horse.
>Clearly at some point it becomes satisfying for a hero to be able to
>outrun a horse, but how many heroes can do it? And responses of "when
>the story calls for it" will be considered (at least by me) to be
>missing the point.

Well, will you accept the "close, but not the same" answer of "when that makes sense for that hero's schtick"?

If you have movement magic, than putting it against a horse in a race seems to make perfect sense.

If you're playing a special forces game and you have Fast 17, I doubt anyone would think it makes sense that this means you can outrun a car. (Although you could end up in a challenge with a car that would make sense.)

>In a world with strong magic, perhaps a credibility test fails its own
>credibility test: pretty much anything is possible with enough magic and
>there's Gloranthan examples to prove it (raise a moon, stop time, swap
>goddess).

I don't agree with that.
 It depends on your credible magic. If you don't have magic to raise a moon, then trying to do it fails a credibility test.

LC