Re: Trying something completely separate from one's abilities

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:54:28 -0800

Is this an instance of the player trying to start a fight, using a fist-fight to archive some outcome? Or has he been attacked by an NPC and he is trying to find the right ability to resist with?

It could be a situation in which the player is trying to do something that this character is not made to do. A suggestion would be to re-frame the contest with an ability and credible result that this character IS made to do.

A chemist has little hope in a brawl with toughs in a dive bar; perhaps he should be trying to look less like a target (which I would think is a broad ability use of Chemist in a bar brawl), or just trying to get away.

--Todd