Pantheon Benefits

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 01:56:14 -0000

This is just a topic I'm mulling over, rather than some kind of Frakenstein's monster, but I'm prepared to defend it

Yes, a new and 'acceptable' list could be devised, and this in itself would not limit the power of properties

However, there are aspects of Hero Wars that already leave things to the Narrator's discretion, and there is no reason why this coulnd't be
the same:

a clear description of the limited power of these minor feats, being purely available for personal use, short or instant duration, etc etc

And yes they do provide magic not normally available to such cultists,
but that is part of my point - these people worship the whole Pantheon, not just the single deity, and I'm looking at creating a minor set of abilities available to Pantheon worshippers that are unavailable to those who merely 'say' they are Pantheon worshippers, or indeed do not worship at all

The new feats would not be available for heroic actions, only as boosts to normal actions - in the same spirit as Sandy's description of Folk Magic

Even the 'fall slowly' would be only available for short distances, ge
off the roof of a stead, down a short cliff, and perhaps would be called in a way similar to Divine Intervention in RQ3

In fact, that might be a definition of all 'Pantheon' magc: it is only available in an emergency (social or personal emergency, rather than cultural emergency): Plough Stuck, fall off roof whilst attempting repairs, angry cow frightening children in the street, scrape hand badly whilst picking berries...