Re: How do edges and handicaps work?

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 08:51:55 -0000

Incidently...

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:39:22 -0800, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson"
> <rjremr_at_s...> wrote:

> >An edge is some circumstance that ensures a better outcome
*assuming you
> >succeed in your task* (ie, win the exchange).

Given that we agree that you can gain an 'edge' by augmenting a defensive Ability (like Armour Of Woad, say), this would be effective even when you lose an exchange, surely? In other words, your statement above refers to the cumulative Edge derived from comparing Actor and Opponent 'edges', not to the 'edge' gained from Augmentation on a single Ability?

> Edge - Edge = Edge

 Wulf