Re: LOT5R conversion

From: Santo_at_...
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:11:50 -0000

One idea that I've been toying with for other HW-based games is to have the idea of Attributes being broad skill categories. In L5R, for example, "Doji Kenjutsu" would be Skill in one's Fire Ring, while "Acting obsequious" would be under one's Water Ring.

Furthermore, each Ring would also have a rating, that would be difficult to raise. The Ring rating could do something like:

1)  Determine the highest skill within the Ring
2)  Was equivalent to the highest skill within the Ring.
3)  Determine how many AP's any Ring-based skill used in extended
contests
4)  Could act as a pool of points, similar to HP or AP
5)  Could be used as an automatic Augment or Edge.
6)  Something else ingenious

> I have no ideas how to deal with Honour; any ideas?
Nope, not yet. Maybe have it be have something to do with Relationship skills?

-Santo