Re: LOT5R conversion

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 16:53:40 -0000

That is an interesting way of doing it. I am not sure that we're modeling stats though? I like the way the Rings worked in L5R but I am not sure how they could be utilized in HW -- perhaps as an affinity or somesuch?

One thing I DID notice in L5R is that, despite the prevalence of gods, there is very little on religion and not much on spirituality. A flaw, perhaps. But one that a glornathophile might notice. =)

It was, I am told, an artifact of the design team -- they wanted to dwell on the clans/famillies and not on religion. AEG's products are often very dry in these areas, shying away from topics that could give them trouble with fans/parents...

> Furthermore, each Ring would also have a rating, that would be
> difficult to raise. The Ring rating could do something like:
> 1) Determine the highest skill within the Ring
> 2) Was equivalent to the highest skill within the Ring.
> 3) Determine how many AP's any Ring-based skill used in extended
> contests
> 4) Could act as a pool of points, similar to HP or AP
> 5) Could be used as an automatic Augment or Edge.
> 6) Something else ingenious

6. But I'm fresh out of ideas. =(

> > I have no ideas how to deal with Honour; any ideas?
> Nope, not yet. Maybe have it be have something to do with
> Relationship skills?
>
> -Santo

Honour might be a relationship though that is better described as Glory... The more glory you have, the better you clan/family/The Son Of Heaven will like you.

Jeff