Re: LOT5R conversion

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 17:00:32 -0000

Directed HP. Though if a hero spends his own HP, he's doing the 'hire bards to sing his praises' stchick. This is no different than a clan chieftain having his own skald or poet on hand to praise his wonderous deeds....

> b) The Narrator applies plenty of Improvisation Modifiers ("I
augment
> my Close Combat by yelling out my lineage and achievements!" - "They
> yell back 'Who? Sorry, were strangers round here!'")

Oh heck, this is Boast. And in Rokugan, one does boast of one's achievements before battle -- it makes one's enemies fear you. (Think Samurai theatre)

> As a matter of fact, I was thinking that a similar 'Fame' Ability
> might be universally useful in HW. Heros should be famous, after
all!

I think I posted something about this a while back. "Reputation" as an ability that drops the farther away you go. Everyone knows Harrek's reputation as a throbbing engine of destruction. Even folks out in Kralorea.

Jeff