Re: Spending Hero Points to affect a role, timing...

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:44:58 -0000

After the dice is rolled, as stated in 'bump ups' I think this is covered in the FAQ?

> Current I have it that they announce before they make the roll,
> although this could cause problems if they roll a 1 and the point
> feels wasted. But I wasn't sure if allowing players to hold off on
> using Hero Points gave them as much value as they I felt they
> deserved.

That's the point of hero=points. They let you do heroic things and they often prevent you from dying like a putz.

> I could add a rule in that, if they roll a 1, then the hero point
is
> not truely used, but again, it doesn't feel as much as a gamble.
> Although are hero points ment to be somewhat of a gamble though?

No, there should't realy be a gamble involved. Hero Points are just too important and precious. There's a few campaigns out there which insist that you must declare before hand, but those are house rules.

Jeff