Re: Re: TR: Multiple subcult question

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:34:00 -0800

Jeff Kyer says:

>30% for Aspect + Subcult IS the base worship -- and it includes the
>cost of Communal Worship. However, Rodrerick's stated that taking
>another aspect, is still going to be 20% (as its not your primary
>aspect and then another 10% for a subcult in THAT aspect...

        I get this, and, under normal circumstances, it's totally clear. You're an inititate of Destor Adventurous and you Initiate to Hedkoranth Thunderous; this costs 10% for Communal Worship, 20% for the first Aspect/Subcult, and 20% for the seconcd Aspect/Subcult. If you were an initiate of Hedkoranth Adventurous (weirdo) and initiated to Helamakt Thunderous, you would be in the same boat 2 Aspects, 2 Subcults, 50% worship. What happens, though, if you are a real weirdo and want to be initiated to Hedkoranth and Helamakt Adventurous? I assume it would be 40%: 10% Communal, 20% Aspect/Subcult, and 10% for the last Subcult. You would be getting bad magical results, but it might be worth it (weirdo). Unless there is a time penalty for being so odd about how you worship your god.

>> I know being a devotee takes more time. Here I can quote official
>text:
>> The Thunder Rebels errata says Rurik pays 80% for:
>> Devotee of Destor Adventurous
>> initiate of Daylanus and of Orlanth Thunderous
>> Since a devotee pays 60% (objections?)
>> That leaves 20% for the additional initiations of Daylanus and OT.
>> Not 30%.

        I think what's going on here is 10% for Communal Worship, 20% for the first Aspect/Subcult, 30% for Devotion, and 20% for an additional Aspect/Subcult. The devotee could get just an additional Aspect for the same cost, or, if the desired Subcult was part of the Aspect the devotee was devoted to, the initiation would only cost 10% for a total of 70%. (TR, p.67-68).

>...it would look like my timesheet at work! (3.75 hours per week to
>Helemakt, 11.75 to Orlanth Adventurous.... And 3.75 to Torvald
>Meldekbane)

        Perhaps this is why double devotion is outlawed. The devotee's worship roster would look like the billing sheets for a Celestial bureaucrat, and Orlanth would smite the devotee out of habit....

Peter Larsen