Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:35:20 -0700

> I had the impression, at the time, that the rules would say
>
> to consider all PCs as a single entity, with a leader (strong
> fighting ability) and the others lending APs and so on. But during
> play no one had the impression of any leader : they were surprised to
> find the beast, and were disorganized, running everywhere, shouting,
> falling and so one.

I would rarely make the heroes act as followers to another hero, what's the fun in that? Every player should be given the opportunity to act on his own, make his own decisions and roll his own dice.

> Do you think the system could work with APs, players betting some, and
> the beast trying to fight them all at the same time ? Did I miss
> something in the rules concerning this (admittedly, I didn't read the
> contest part for quite some time, and didn't want to do it during
> play).

Definitely. The heroes will get the benefit of multiple attackers (HW 140). It is a group extended contest with only one being on one side, and the heroes on the other.

RR