Re: Re: otherworlds and HQ Hijacking

From: plarsen_at_...
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 11:13:08 -0500 (CDT)

Quoting reinierd_at_...:

> Very interesting.
>
> How do those darned Lunar heroquest hijackings work, then? Do they
> bring someone along who can mitigate/neutralize otherworld penalties,
> or do they just have massive support backing them up, or both, or
> some other perfidious chaotic trickery?

        Well, one of the big Lunar secrets (and Secrets) is Inclusion -- "We Are All Us," and all that. They seem to use it heavily in unifying cultures, finding parallels to Lunar myths and grafting them on to other societies. HonEel's conversion of Tarsh is like this, and I suspect JarEel used Inclusion powers to worm her way into the Pharaoh's ressurection rites (not to mention the Moon Warrior who snuck into Kallyr's Short Lightbringer's Quest and mucked it up). I don't think this is chaotic, but the Lunars have more than their share of mystic understanding for a generally Theist group. It gives them an edge. Or that's my opinion.

Peter Larsen