Re: Keywords

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:17:07 -0700

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:00:05 -0000
> From: "Tom Zunder" <tomz_at_...>
> Subject: Keywords
>
> I am at last trying to understand Hero Wars and yet I find it quite
> hard. Could someone explain the role of keywords better. I thought
> they were straightforward, and created out of the 100 word summary.
> If that is so why do Issaries talk of releasing keywords? Is there a
> meta system here that I've failed to grasp (I got quite drowsy in
> parts of the rules and may have missed something) or is it just
> people being helpful and suggesting keywords?
>
> Is there a simple FAQ or resource to elucidate upon this for dumb ole
> me?

Bryan did a great job of summarising. For several examples of character creation look at my website (www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley) in the Campaigns > Resources > Sample Characters section.

There is described, word-by-word, how to turn a 100-word description into character abilities - it includes examples of how a keyword is used.

If you have a particular character that you would like to see done up this way let me know!

Wesley

:::
::: e: wquadros_at_...
:::
::: Glorantha Site: www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley
:::
::: New:
::: - The Cold Line
::: - Converting RQ Characters to Hero Wars
:::