RE: Re: Fog of War

From: Sims, Darren <Darren.Sims_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:53:44 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2002-04-03-2055.

Greg Stafford wrote:
>Let's say that the Murder Fog is a natural phenomena that has blanketed
>Sartar, and it drives someone crazy or pushes them over the
>edge to commit
>murder. They are still guilty.
>Let's say Iphara has a grudge against a family and constantly blankets
>them, one commits murder: he is still guilty.
>Let's say there was an Iphara fog and Hengest kills Oddi, but
>then Hengest
>comes clean and makes it public. People would still say,
>"Secret murder was
>intended, because we know Iphara was there, BUT he came clean
>and it's just
>a killing now."
>Let's say it was a Huraya fog and Gest killed Opan, but Gest kept it a
>secret. Guess what: it was actually Iphara, not Huraya!

Orlanthi are known to use ambush methods of warfare against their foes (except the Humakti of course!). Would a clan's fyrd use the cover of Iphara's Fog to attack their enemies?
If the enemy was the Lunar army it might be justified (or not YGMV). Or if dealing with raiding Broo or other chaotic nasties the murder rage Iphara imparts may be useful?
What about using Iphara's white blanket when cattle raiding the clan in the next valley or to catch unawares the clan you are feuding with? Would the consequences be greater especially on a cattle raid? As instead of the herders being driven off the raiders would find it difficult NOT to slay them. So instead of stealing some prize bulls, a very minor crime and slight against the clan, the raiders have committed an atrocity, butching the herders and defenders. An infamous act that may bring down the wrath of not only the attacked clan but other neighbouring clans? Also would the foes of the Orlanthi use Iphara's fog against them? The Lunar army would use any resourse and Iphara's effects would counter some of the Storm magic the Orlanthi would bring to any battle. The Orlanthi would have to use their magic to rid the battle ground of Iphara's fog, wasting some of it before the battle itself took place.

Cheers,
Darran Sims.
Assembly Rooms Duty Manager.
 E-mail- Darren.Sims_at_....

''Fiat justitria ruat coelum''

The views expressed in this email are personal and may not necessarily reflect those of Derby City Council, unless explicitly stated otherwise

This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for viruses that may be in this e-mail. We recommend that you check all e-mails with an appropriate virus scanner.

www.mimesweeper.com